Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Edition

The summer that Spencer was 1 (almost 2) I bought him a bunch of swim suits.  Like 6.  It was his first summer taking swim lessons and we also spent a lot of time in friends' pools.  I felt like the purchases were justified.  Especially because clothes for a one year old are cheap.  Luckily for us he still fit into all of those suits last summer when he was 2 (almost 3), so we got 2 summers out of them.

About a month ago I opened up the swimsuit drawer and laughed.  He had one suit that still fits.

Hello Target.

This is swim suit #1.  We also got the coordinating swim shirt.
It made its debut at the splash pad 2 weeks ago.

Spencer was the most popular kid at the splash pad.  Not because of his suit, but because of his water shooting stick. That boy behind him needed a restraining order once he saw Spencer using it.

Even though it was a warm day, after 2 water cycles Spencer came up to me and sighed really loudly and shook his head and said, "mommy, can I have my towel?  I'm just freezing out."
This is suit #2.  It also came with a coordinating shirt.
It made its debut last week in Tucson.  Michael's parents bought Spencer his own little mini pool for their back yard.





He didn't freeze out this time but that's only because Papa put a lot of  hot water from the kitchen sink in there.

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

Cute suits! I have been looking in earnest for one for N but have been having a hard time because none of them seem to have long sleeves. Well, I take that back. The $98 ones have long sleeves, but c'mon.