Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Krabby Patty

My friend Maryellen gave me a Baby Einstein (Baby Mozart) DVD as a shower gift when I was pregnant.  I was adamant that Spencer wouldn't watch any TV until he was at least one, and preferably two.  Then when he was 5 months old my mom suggested that we let him watch Baby Mozart.  This was shocking, as my mom was always anti-tv when we were growing up.  She was curious as to how he would react to it. 

I allowed it, but I refused to sit by and participate.

This is Spencer watching TV for the 1st time ever.


 He pretty much loved it.  And we started buying more Baby Einstein DVD's.  He was allowed to watch 2 a week.  One on Tuesday when I was at work and Spencer was home alone with daddy and one on Thursday when I was at work and Spencer was home alone with daddy.
He watched nothing but Baby Einstein DVD's (mostly in the car) until he was 2 years 4 months old.  He didn't care about anything else.  Then he got a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD.  Then it was Mickey Mouse and ONLY Mickey Mouse for the next 10 months.
I'm happy to say that his interest in different shows has been expanding in the last 8 months.  Don't think that all of these shows are a daily occurance.  Most days he is allowed 1 show in the morning and 1 show in the evening while I make dinner.  Some days we don't watch any TV.  When his asthma is terrible we manage to watch 27 hours of TV in a 24 hour period.

These are the shows that he likes (in no particular order):

Chuggington
The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That
Blue's Clues

Wonder Pets

Super Why
Little Einsteins
Special Agent Oso 
The Backyardigans
Dora the Explorer

Curious George
Handy Manny
Ni Hao Kai-Lan

Thomas the Train
Spongebob Squarepants
OK.  Let's get down to the purpose of the title.  That was a HUGE intro, huh?

Spencer has become obsessed with Krabby Patties from Spongebob.  He's been asking to eat one.  Every day.
So, a couple of days ago we went to Fresh & Easy and bought some crab cakes.  I told him the box said krabby patty.

He pretty much inhaled them. He loved them.  And luckily he didn't have an allergic reaction (it was his 1st shellfish).
Now he is a fan of expensive sea food.  And he still asks for krabby patties on a daily basis.  So now we're just going to have to go to Maryland for some soft shell crabs and a bucket of beers. 

 For the kid of course.

8 comments:

Maryellen said...

Momma's now a days and their tv rules. I had no tv rules when I was a kid. I think I was watching shows like Dallas and Falcon Crest when I was a baby. Just kidding...I'm not that old. :)

Maryellen said...

Also, I LOVE how Spencer now loves Krabby patties. Maybe I should have some for us on Tuesday.

k and j said...

oh man, we watch allllllll of those shows too. i am loving the shows on PBS too, so cute :)

Kendra Forgacs said...

Shyla thinks that the only things our tv shows is sesame street (we have a dvd that gets played continuously) and wheel of fortune! I didn't want her watching tv until she was 2 either, but then life happened and I guess if that's the worst thing I do to her, then we'll be alright!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever had the Krabby Patty gummies? They are SO good! I may just go eat one now.
Megan

Krista said...

Wow. I'm totally appreciating all the hunting and uploading you had to do to get all those images! You go girl!

Cat said...

At our Kindergarten Authors' Tea last year, one of the parents brought in cookies that looked like crabby patties, too cute! Actually, probably something you could do since you make lots of cute desserts.

Cat said...

Oops I spelled Krabby incorrectly.