Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beds

  Last week sucked.  We've already discussed the whole burglarized car/stolen purse fiasco.  In addition to that, though, our garbage disposal broke and then water was leaking all over the floor.  Glorious.  Then the garage door broke and almost killed Michael and our cars were trapped in the garage. Wonderful.  Then Spencer got sick, making his asthma go haywire.  Delightful.  And we still have no access to money.  Positively peachy.

I have to somehow get over the hideousness of Wednesday through Sunday and move on with my life.  I see no better way of doing that than with an inane topic of discussion, ala the 500th post about all the humidifiers.
(Did you leave a comment on that post?  No?  Don't worry- you still can. Click here.)

This was somewhat difficult to put together with NO CAMERA (thanks again bastards who stole it), but I found enough images in my old photos to create a decent visual representation of the topic at hand. 
Which is beds.
And how our bed situation is out of control.

Michael's parents gave us a queen bed when we got married.  We bought the headboard/footboard a few years later (obviously, Spencer was not a part of this bed from the beginning).
When we first moved into our house my parent's friends gave us a twin size bed.  We put it in the "office".  This picture was taken the day we adopted Ginger.  Doesn't she look so young?
This is the bed once it became Spencer's.
Before Spencer was born we bought a crib, which turned out to be a big waste since he never even slept in there until he was 18 months old and we had turned it into a toddler bed.
When we moved into our current house my parents gave us my old twin bed.  I painted the brass headboard black.  We put our 1st twin bed in Spencer's room and this twin bed in our bedroom.
He slept in this bed in our room for a year.  Then, when he turned 3 and started sleeping in his own room, we switched beds.  So the twin bed from my parent's friends is in our room and my old bed is in Spencer's room.

Are you keeping this all straight?
Moving on.  Last January Michael and I used our Christmas money to buy ourselves a king size bed.
And new bedding, which you will remember was ripped to shreds by Michael exactly 1 year later.
Since we now had a king we put our queen in the guest bedroom.
But that meant that our original full size guest bed needed a new home.
We sent it to Tucson to live with my brother Nick for about 9 months and then we took it back when we turned our 4th bedroom from a playroom back into a bedroom.  Now we just have 2 guest rooms.

So, currently we have a king bed and a twin bed in our master bedroom, a queen in the guest room, a full in the 2nd guest room, a twin in Spencer's room, a crib frame in the garage and a crib mattress under the king.

Now my aunt and uncle are moving to California and are giving us two twin beds that were in my grandparent's house.  The frames (thankfully not the mattresses) were my mom's and my aunt's when they were about 10 and 5.  We want to keep them in the family.

That means we will have a king, a queen, a full, 4 twins and a crib.

Slumber party anyone?

I have a plan for how to make this work.  It involves getting rid of one of the twins (the one in our room), moving Spencer's twin into our room, moving the full into Spencer's room and putting the 2 new twins in the 2nd guest room, along with the dresser and desk we are buying from my aunt and uncle.

This was Spencer's reaction to the plan:
But, I like my bed.  I don't want a bigger bed.

Flashback time.
When I was looking for bed pictures I came across this.  It was taken March 29, 2010.  I was wearing that same dress this year on March 30, the day my purse was stolen by those bastards.  I haven't worn that dress probably since last fall.

Isn't that weird?

5 comments:

Michael said...

A little over-exaggerating on the garage door almost killing me. It's not like I was standing under it and it came down crashing on me. Still quite frustrating though.

Chelsea said...

Thank God Michael cleared that up! I was worried about your psycho garage door!

Good luck with the bed swaps. I'm currently in the market for a decent full sized bed, for Lilly's room. Bed shopping is NOT my idea of a good time.

k and j said...

this post made my head spin lol!

Krista said...

Sounds like you have an addiction to beds. It's ok - we all have one. Mine is lamps.

Cat said...

I'm a little confused with all the beds. I am glad Michael survived the garage door incident though.