Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break odds and ends

1.
My parents came to visit us the second weekend of spring break.  Spencer was in grandparent heaven.
We ate dinner outside.  My mom thought it was chilly.  Check out our ghetto foil covered windows in the background.  That's the master bedroom.  We have blinds in there, but we like to sleep in a simulated cave, so we have foil in the windows of all the bedrooms.
Spencer saw Gramme in a jacket so he wanted to wear one too.
2.
Michael did a beautious job hanging the inital pictures on the wall.  I blacked out the last initial because I like to pretend that we've remained somewhat anonymous on the internet by never sharing a last name.
3.
I've been bitching about not having a nightstand on my side of the bed since we have Spencer's second bed right there.  Without a nightstand I don't have my alarm clock close by, so it makes it hard for me to tell the time since we are, in fact, sleeping in a cave and there is no visible light for me to see the clock on the wall.  And forget about having an illuminated digital clock.  I'd have a mental breakdown after 2 nights.  Also, without a nightstand Michael has to leave my alarm clock on his pillow after he gets up.  Sometimes I knock it off the pillow and then can't find it.  It would also be nice to have a little bottle of water close by in case I'm thirsty at 2 am.  Enough. Do I really have to convince you why it's bad to be sans nightstand?  Anyway,  we found this shelf in the garage and hung it by my side of the bed.  Michael is taking bets for when I first knock it off the wall during the middle of the night.
4.
We bought a new vacuum.  One with a hepa filter.  This thing is AWESOME.  It totally confirms that our last vacuum should have been retired a long time ago.  We vacuumed once and the canister was full.  We could have made 3 more beagles with the amount of hair it sucked up.
5.
My brother gave us his hepa filter air purifier.  It's in Spencer's room.  His room is fast becoming a clean room.  You could do sensitive lab work in there.  We just need to add a positive pressure entrance.  Or should it be negative pressure.  I've never worked in a clean room lab.
6. 
When my parents were here my dad was bitching that the couch was too close to the TV.  He formulated a whole plan on how to fix it.  Unfortunately he was right.  After he left we took his advice and enacted the plan.

BEFORE

AFTER


We gained a good 2 feet of space between couch and TV.  And now more of the toys are within one contained area.  It works.  But dammit I hate to admit when one of my parents is right.

7 comments:

k and j said...

hilarious. too damn funny :) love it all!!

Chelsea said...

You crack me up! I love it!

Krista said...

Love the after. Geez, with a kitchen like that Spencer should be cooking dinner!

Maryellen said...

I too hate it when parents are right, especially my mom. She usually is right though.

Jennifer said...

Ditto to what Mare said.

Glad to hear that you guys had a good Spring Break.

Megan said...

I love that you blacked out your inital. I saw the picture and wondered why you would hang such a weird picture.

Laura said...

You rearranged your furniture. again. Poor poor Michael.