Monday, January 31, 2011

Sigh

Well.  We're back from Disneyland.  We're not happy about it.  It was really and truly the best Disneyland trip I've ever had. 

I took over 400 pictures while we were there.  The blogging of this trip is daunting.  I have a headache just thinking about it.  I thought I'd kick things off with the easiest day- Wednesday, aka, driving to Anaheim day.

Michael and I went to work on Wednesday morning.  Spencer went to school.  I left work and picked Spencer up, then we drove to Phoenix and picked Michael up.  Then we hit the road.  We were almost to Indio, CA when we realized we were getting low on gas.  We pulled into a Chevron prepared to fill up.  Then we saw the "middle of nowhere in California" gas prices.
So we put in $9, which was just enough to get us to Indio.

Around this time I got into the back seat with Spencer.  We watched The Wind in the Willows so that he would know who Mr. Toad was for the ride in Fantasy Land. Spencer enjoyed a lollipop.  I enjoyed not driving in rush hour traffic once we got into the greater L.A. area.



I know this was the most boring blog post ever.  Tomorrow will be better.  I just have to get over the crushing, overwhelming, debilitating and crippling depression that I am experiencing after leaving Disneyland and returning to my boring house, boring commute and boring job. 

Life just really sucks with no monorail, no ice cream everyday at 4 pm, no singing pirates, no chipper multi-cultural dancing children and no pretend cartoon character homes.  

5 comments:

Megan said...

Next time we are going with!

jess said...

i hope you plan on taking about slaters... you know, since you GOT IN.

Chelsea said...

Ahh yes, post Disneyland depression. They should really make a pill for that. I bet it would be delicious and perfect. Just like everything in Disneyland...

Kendra Forgacs said...

Did you ask Chelsea about her "stopping for gas" situation? Classic.

Cat said...

Geeze, I thought $3.19 was expensive for gas, guess not compared to that...