Monday, January 3, 2011

Party

My father was quite the social butterfly in his younger days.  Don't get me wrong- he still is, but it's not a recent thing.  He and my uncle used to throw huge parties when they were in high school and college.  Those parties faded away as they got married and had families.  About 17ish years ago they decided to start throwing their parties again, specifially inviting the people who attended the original parties.  They don't invite current friends unless current friends happen to also be high school/college friends.  They've been having the party at Christmas time every other year (except for the year that my dad had open heart surgery the week before Christmas) since then. 

At this year's party, on December 26th, my dad publicly declared that the reunion party will now be an annual event.  My mom was not in the room when this public declaration was made.  Although you wouldn't know it from the comments, my mom reads this blog every day.  She may very well be hearing for the first time that she has 358 days until the next party.

Moving on.  I was all enthusiastic about taking pictures at the beginning of the party.  Then Michael left to drive home because he had to work 3 days last week.  Then I was less enthusiastic about the pictures because I had Spencer duty.
I made drink menus for the bar.  They are classier than the piece of cardboard my dad was planning on hanging.
Nick was a prohibition era bartender.

Don't know these people (well except for my dad in the middle who seems to be clutching at some painful broken ribs) 



7 years ago Nathan invited Ian and I invited Elisa to this very party.  They met for the first time that night.  Love happened.  They've been married for almost 3 years. 

In honor of their anniversary my mom asked Ian to take the garbage out as they left the party.

Right around this time was when Michael left and I had no more picture taking opportunities.  I also didn't take a single picture on Monday the 27th or Tuesday the 28th.  So, my next blog post will be about our 9th wedding anniversary on the 29th.  Can you barely stand the suspense?

1 comment:

chelsea said...

Looks like a great party!
I LOVE your bar signs. Very classy. I also love the love match that you guys made there years ago - I hadn't heard that story!