Saturday, January 1, 2011

Major Catch Up

We have been in Tucson for the last 9 days. I took a blogging holiday while we were there.  Sorry.  I'm going to be coming at you with post after post now, so get ready.

We drove down to Tucson on Wednesday, December 22nd.  After dinner at my grandma's we bundled up and walked through a neighborhood that goes all out with Christmas lights.  The streets are closed to cars so that people can walk and enjoy themselves without exhaust and compound fractures from inattentive drivers.  There are horse drawn carriages and hot cocoa and carolers and it's all quaint and festive....except we didn't have any money for snacks, most of the carolers were off key and the horses pissed Ginger off.  
It's hard to see, but Santa's sleigh is being pulled by pigs.  The only thing keeping me from stealing this was The Christmas Spirit.  And 2,000 witnesses.

This house had an entire light and water display timed to music.  It was like a mini Bellagio.

On Thursday night Michael's parents took Spencer and my brother Nick gaves us his Christmas gift:
A limo ride (with champagne) to the ballet to see the Nutcracker.  After the show we went for drinks and dessert.  I had a delightful brandy hot chocolate.  Michael had a mug full of hot booze.  It was not delightful.

I told my parents to pose for a picture and my dad immediately looked at his watch.  Typical.
Nick claims he is smiling.



This is just the beginning.  I downloaded 213 pictures from the last week and a half.  You'll probably want to get some eye drops, something caffeinated and a new cushion for your chair.

P.S.  Happy New Year!  You'll read about our New Year's Eve and Day in about seven days.  Five days if I really book it with the blogging.  Nine days if I can convince Michael to buy new shelves from IKEA and help me completely rearrange the family room.

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

Happy New Year Natalie! So far I'm loving your holiday recap.

Chelsea said...

I'm loving it too! Can I just tell you, I follow like 100 blogs and yet I always look for your updates first. I big-puffy-heart you and your blog!

Cat said...

I'm intrigued by this neighborhood with all the lights, perhaps, I should come in Dec. 2011 and Feb. 2012 (um, yes, b/c apparently I'm going to win the lottery and be able to afford to go twice)

Karen said...

Love your brother's gift of the Nutcracker - so fun! I will wait 9 days for the rest because I have no doubt you will convince Michael to visit IKEA and rearrange the family room.