Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Decorations: The 2010 Christmas Tour

Welcome, welcome one and all!  You're not busy today, correct?  Nobody is cooking, cleaning, baking, shopping, decorating or wrapping presents two days before Christmas, correct?  You've got time for a ridiculously long blog post, correct?  I thought so.

I want to mention something really quickly.  I started blogging in mid-December 2008.  When I sat down at the 'ol computer to do this very blog post I got a message from Google saying I had used all of my free space.  If I wanted to continue A Beagle and A Baby I would have to whip out my credit card and.......PAY for additional memory.  I knew this day was coming because everytime you load new pictures it tells you how much space is available.  Mine has been dwindling.  So, I whipped out said credit card and held my breath while I clicked on how much it would cost. I already had an idea of what I would be willing and unwilling to pay.  Then, big sigh of relief- $5 bought me a year with enough space for up to 100,000 pictures.  We're golden!  My little blog will live on!  Then it took 24 hours for my new space to become available.  Typical.

And now, on to the HOLIDAY TOUR!  I didn't include pictures of stuff that was exactly the same from last year (i.e. outside by the front door).  I like to mix up my decorations from year to year, so even though the decorations are the same, the locations are different.

The front door on the inside.  We bought this wreath right before we got married.  This year was the first year that I felt like our stuff is getting old.  Could that be because we'll have been married for 9 years next week?
The mirror in the entry way.  I love these new fangled gel clings compared to the more old fashioned "regular" clings.
A very dark view of the living room.
The coffee table with our basket filled with cards.  Several bloggers and I exchanged cards this year.  It makes me feel like we are REALLY friends now, even though we've never met.



Amy gave this to me.  I have such good friends.


The tree in all its glory.
Spencer's friends from his December 20th pictures.
It was fun to decorate the hutch since it is a "new" piece of furniture.  I decorated it before when we lived in apartments, but that was back when it was brown with closed shelves.  It's nice to have a place to put my Christmas dishes.
The nativity that we bought in the Vatican on our honeymoon.  I found Spencer playing with one of the camels 2 weeks ago.  He was making it gallop and saying "giddyup, giddyup, giddyup!"

The black shelves in the entry way.  You may recognize this scene from our Christmas picture.
The growing snow globe collection.  I did go ahead and buy 2010.  2007 is still missing in action.
Isn't this a great frame?  I got it at Hobby Lobby for $2 about 3 weeks ago.
And what is Christmas without a Santa Pig?
The family room looking into the dining room/living room.
The kitchen.  Do you see Paul's tank?  He finally came out of his castle yesterday.
The kitchen table
The apothecary jar that Megan gave me.  I'm already looking forward, just a little bit, to filling it with pink and red stuff for Valentine's Day.  Oh, and speaking of February 14th- Target has heart decorations out already, just incase you'd like to buy something while you are Christmas shopping.
Spencer only knocked 1 box down 1 time.  Pretty good for a tall stack of boxes in a high traffic area with a 3-year-old.
I bought this big removable/reusable sticker last year, but Spencer had no interest in it.  He has LOVED removing each circle this year and seeing what is underneath.  It's helped in getting him out of bed on school days.
He lines up the removed stickers in the hallway.  #13 has been persistent in falling down.  Perpetuates that notion of 13 being unlucky.
The bathroom


We have door hangers on all the bedroom doors and the hallway bathroom door.  They drive Michael crazy.
At this point I think I like putting them out year after year strictly because they bother Michael so much.  Sounds mean, huh?  I really do love him.

Did you enjoy the tour?  Did you burn your sugar cookies because it took so long?  Sorry.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

You amaze me. That is all.

Karen said...

Ditto.

Cat said...

I love it! I kind of want to vist you at Christmas time now. I went to Target today to buy some half-priced Christmas ornaments and I saw the Valentine's Day stuff you mentioned.

Maryellen said...

Great decorations! Your decorations fascinate me. My holiday decoration tour can be done with one picture.