Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 1st

I had a hard day yesterday. Nothing huge went wrong, more just a bunch of little things that, when added together, equaled no bueno. Spencer and I were running late to begin with, then my travel mug kept leaking coffee, and I wasn't happy with what I was wearing which just made me unfomfortable for the whole morning.  Then I had some very difficult kindergarteners in a therapy session who made my blood pressure rise to a very dangerous level (this is after a kid threw a marker at my face on Tuesday).  After I picked Spencer up from school we sat in the drive-thru at the bank for like 8 minutes when Spencer announced he had to pee, so we had to leave without accomplishing any banking. Then, when we got home Spencer (who didn't go pee until something like 12 minutes later) ripped a jingle bell off a door hanger.  Finally, I went to feed Ginger and the cup of food hit the edge of the container and food spilled all over the hallway.  I just walked away and ignored it for an hour lest I have a complete nervous breakdown. 
A close-up, just incase you didn't get the gist of the mess.
The one bright point of the day was letting Spencer open his 1st Christmas gift.  My Auntie Karen and Uncle Terry got him some Mickey Christmas dishes and they wanted him to have them early so he can use them for the whole month. 

He waited patiently while I brought the bag out.  This is also a sneak peak of my holiday decorations.
He was so excited.



I'm totally serving some awesome appetizer on this awesome platter.

I should also mention that after I ignored the dog food in the hallway for an hour Spencer picked it up without my even asking him.  He treated it like a game and actually seemed to have a lot of fun.  Totally made up for the needing to pee/delaying our banking and ripping the jingle bell from earlier.

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

I LOVE Spencer's new dishes. Those are so great! I'm sorry you had a rough day. Markers to the face is never good. Maybe Spencer sensed you needed a pick me up and decided to be extra adorable. :)

Megan said...

I love that you were able to keep your cool enough to take a picture of the dog food. It's too bad Ginger isn't more like Archie. He would have had it call cleanned up in less than 1 minue...he also would have then spent the next 2 hours looking for the last nugget that rolled under the fride. This would have involved contant scracthing and whinning...can you tell we've expeienced the spilled dog food trick?

chelsea said...

Oooh boo for bad days like that! When all else fails, though, documenting it on the blog is a great strategy!

Anonymous said...

looks more like Roger Rat dishes.LB