Sunday, November 14, 2010

Law school and olives

My older brother, Nathan, moved to Florida with his wife, Kendra, over the summer. Kendra is doing her fellowship in oncology. Nathan is going to law school. My dad went to visit them a couple of weeks ago and attended family day at Nathan's school. He brought this t-shirt back for Spencer.

The shirt is a 5/6 T. Spencer is more a 2/3 T. We tucked it into his pants, otherwise it hangs down to his knees.I like the idea of a junior partner riding a hot wheels trike.My friend Brendan has been doing some remodeling of his home. We were supposed to go see his new kitchen a few weeks ago, but then he had plans and we went to Tucson and it never happened . All of a sudden, on Saturday, we were free and he was free so we got to see the house.

I don't have a before, but the after is gorgeous.

Brendan recommended that we eat at the Queen Creek Olive Mill. He lives a couple miles away from it. We had just seen that restaurant featured on a show on the Food Network (The Best Thing I Ever Ate) and were anxious to try the sandwich that was talked about. It looked just awesome.
What we got was pretty tasty, but not nearly as big as what was featured on the show. Oh well. There was live music and twinkly lights in the trees and it was a lovely evening.
Brendan gave Spencer a lemon from his lemon tree in the back yard. Spencer was obsessed with it. He talked about the lemon the entire way home, he told Ginger about the lemon when we got home and he started talking about the lemon the second he woke up. Then he wanted a slice of lemon in his water at breakfast and then he wanted to eat a slice of lemon. I let him. He RAVED about it. Next time I'm going to get Brendan to give Spencer a big bunch of spinach.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Unlike the picture, there were actually only a few olives and they were much smaller. Sandwich was still good anyway.

Jennifer said...

So much to respond too - feel the need to number my responses.

1. The way Spencer had his shirt tucked into his pants made me laugh. For some reason those pictures of him reminded of all the little old men I see in grocery store with their shirts tucked in and their pants pulled up to their chins.

2. I have been to sevearl different places that were featured on the Food Network and for the most part I am always disappointed.

3. I loved the island in Brendan's kitchen - such a cool shape.