Friday, November 12, 2010

Growing

Taking care of Spencer (i.e raising him) is a full time job. I'm talking about feeding him, driving him places, keeping him clean, buying him stuff, nurturing him and teaching him. Those kinds of mothering duties. Taking care of Spencer's toys and clothes and the organization of that stuff is close to a part time job. Every change of season requires a good closet and dresser purge/rearranging and every birthday/Christmas requires reorganization of toy storage.

I went through Spencer's clothes a couple of weeks after his birthday and got rid of like 3-4 things that were obviously too small. It finally got cold enough this week to wear pants and long sleeves so I decided to go through his clothes again. I can't believe how many more things he outgrew in just 6 weeks.
After the great purge, I moved his long sleeve shirts to the right side of his closet (easier to access),
and his short sleeve shirts to the left side of the closet.
See this vest? I bought it last year for Spencer to wear on Thanksgiving. It was like 82 degrees that day. Far too warm for fleece, even sleeveless fleece. He ended up wearing it to a party that weekend and spilled water all over it 20 minutes after we got there. He never wore it again. He "didn't like it". Flash foreward a year- He's put this thing on like 8 times this week and asked to wear it. It's ridiculously small now so it's not even an option. I'm glad I paid $10 for 20 minutes of wear.
I bought this sweater at The Gap when Spencer was 1. We had a gift card, otherwise I would have never considered the price I paid. There was something so humorous about putting this sweater on a baby. It's size 18-24 months. It still fits, actually, but it's tight when buttoned.
Oh, and here's the little scamp at 3 years, 2 months. I am getting quite bad at remembering to take his monthly pictures. We had to call Michael's parents from the wedding last weekend and ask them to do it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Dare I say 3 years and 2 months might be long enough for the monthly pictures? Not that I don't love seeing them but you did want a cut off some time before college. :-)

Maryellen said...

I think Spencer is an extremely well dressed little boy. I wish I had such an expansive wardrobe. :)