Thursday, September 9, 2010

Spencer's 3rd Birthday

My baby is 3!

He's really, really, really not a baby anymore. I just don't know how that happened. How did that happen? Anyone?

We woke up in Pinetop and had a waffle breakfast with everyone. Then we loaded up in the car and spent 5 painful hours stuck in traffic with every other person in the state. Apparently 99.8% of Arizonans spent the weekend in the White Mountains. Once we finally made it home we took the required by law birthday pictures.

Spencer with his blocks.

Spencer with his 3 shirt (I made it. Impressed much?) (OK, all I did was iron on a patch.) Spencer with his daddy.
Spencer with his mommy.
Spencer with his mommy and daddy. No Ginger this year since she was still on her staycation in Tucson.
After all that busy picture taking we went to The Olive Garden for dinner. The wait staff sang to him. It was fun.
Then. Finally....presents!The day after his birthday Spencer decided that this little CD player was dirty and he stuck it under running water to wash it. We still haven't been able to get it to work. I love toys that last 12 hours.



He was pretty freakin' excited about the Mickey Mouse clubhouse. He actually gasped and squeeked.
The loot
P.S. Don't you worry. A flashback to previous birthdays and legally required photographs is coming soon.

4 comments:

Michael said...

I think it was actually 99.9% of Arizonans.

Maryellen said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! He really gets a birthday week, huh? That's awesome. I think we all should have our age ironed on a shirt. My goal is to one day have a triple digit number.

I'm excited for Sunday. :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!! The Mickey Clubshouse is awesome - Eliza loves to look at Spencer's pictures on the blog but I don't want her to see this one because I think she would be pretty jealous!

Cat said...

Happy Birthday Spencer (and Natalie)!