Thursday, August 12, 2010

Milk

We have 2 refrigerators. It's the best thing ever.

Refrigerator #1 is in the kitchen. Outside it is overrun with baby announcements and Spencer's artwork. Inside it keeps the food that we use most often. Milk, eggs, jam, cheese, fruits, veggies, etc.

Refrigerator #2 is in the laundry room. We keep extra items in here. Extra milk, about 4 bottles of champagne (???), spare yogurts. Stuff like that. We keep a lot of bulk stuff in the freezer too.Spencer and I went to the grocery store this morning. It was not a planned trip. We just happened to be by the store when I happened to remember we needed a few things. I can never, ever remember if we have extra milks in the laundry room refrigerator. It could be 30 minutes after purchasing milk and I can't remember if there is extra milk in there. Anyway. I called Michael at work while Spencer and I were standing by the milk and told him I was buying us milk (skim), but I couldn't remember if Spencer needed milk (2%). He said that Spencer's milk level was just about the same as ours. I said, OK, I'll get him some milk too.

We bought our groceries and then we came home. And then I looked at the milk levels. And then I laughed. This is Michael's idea of "the same". Need a closer look from a different angle to get the full effect? Go ahead. Laugh. I did.

3 comments:

Michael said...

From what I could recall, I thought their levels were closer. I must have been remembering from about 2 or 3 containers ago. So sue me.

Jennifer said...

I have to say I feel for Michael on this one because this is sooooo totally something I would do (have done).

We also have two fridges and I didn't think I would like it and I actually love it. The one in the garage is pretty well stocked with juice boxes, sodas and water.

Cat said...

LOL Michael, I could totally see myself doing something like that. On a sarcastic note, perhaps when Spencer does same and different in school, he can teach you. Just kidding!