Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy Day

We were still in Tucson for Father's Day. We spent the majority of the day with both my parents and both my brothers. It was nice.

The day started with Nick and I driving around Tucson like crazy people looking for a new waffle maker. Sounds like an easy task, but it wasn't since we wanted to eat at 10 and most stores don't open until 11 or 12 on Sunday. We finally found one at Best Buy. My mom's 27 year old waffle maker has been retired. I'm sure I'll find it stuck in a box in the garage after both my parents die. That'll be my dad's doing.

After the golden, crisp, delicious waffles it was present time. The dads look happy about that.

Spencer was showing great grandma Girl his microphone. Let's do a little flashback to 2008 before looking at current pictures. Look at my baby. Heck, look at both of them. Michael was a young daddy here.
2009. The beginning of Spencer's aversion to looking at the camera and smiling. Current. 2010. Notice Spencer's severe allergy to taking a good picture.


All the kids in 2008.
And in 2010.
Some family shots.


This picture took the participation of 4 adults.
Spencer is not allowed to be a father for at least 24 years, but that didn't stop him from helping with the gift opening.
Hey dad, should I tell people that you bought this drill for yourself? Should I tell people that it reminded us of the time you bought a bunch of stuff from amazon and wrapped everything and put it all under the Christmas tree and pretended to be delighted and surprised every time you opened something new and it took us all a long time to start questioning who gave you all that stuff?
Nick's birthday is tomorrow. My grandma gave him this bucket. Spencer thought it was a cool place to sit.
Nathan gave Spencer a ride in the bucket. It got a little wild. He had to stop immediately. Nathan once threw Spencer in the air (don't worry, he caught him) and it took Spencer a good 6 months to let Nathan back into his inner circle.

After my brothers left and we all took naps we got Lucky Wishbone for dinner. Yummy, fried, greasy goodness. We were more than half way through eating 2 family feasts before I thought of taking a picture, so I got this from their website.
It was a good day. Mostly because of Lucky Wishbone. A little bit because of the waffles. And the company too, I guess.

2 comments:

chelsea said...

O.M.G. WE HAD LUCKY WISHBONE FOR FATHER'S DAY TOO!!!!

Maryellen said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Father's Day. I'm jealous of the waffle eating. Waffles are awesome.