Monday, May 24, 2010

Llama Time!

Do you remember when we went to see Elmo at the toy store? And then we saw Peter Rabbit at the same toy store before Easter? Well, I belong to the toy store's Facebook page so I get daily updates on their upcoming events. Yesterday was Llama Day. Or as Spencer called it, Llama Time! Llama books and a real live llama. Yeah. Seriously.

We got to the toy store and as we were parking I said, "I wonder where they have the llama? Maybe in a pen behind the store? I can't imagine they would have it inside of the store".

Do you see where I'm going with this?

So, we walk inside. Yup. Live llama. In the toy store.

Her name is Dora. Dora the Llama. She stood around with her stinky breath while we listened to Llama Llama Red Pajama.She ate hay off of the CARPET.

Then it was petting time.
Spencer looks like he's all into the experience, doesn't he?
Not really. This is what he had the most fun doing. This is what he talked about on the way home.
Then they brought out this llama. This one was significantly less stinky than Dora.
If you could get over the llama aroma, Dora was actually quite cute.
Next time I want them to have something really outrageous, like "dolphin day" at the toy store. We'll walk in and totally see a live dolphin in a plastic kid's pool.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

llama, llama red pajama!!!
lucy just got that book for her b-day and we've already read it a dozen times...she would have loved llama day : )

The GVZs said...

I can't even imagine what that must have smelled like. I suck at the zoo because it makes me gag and that's in the open! You are a brave mom.

Chelsea said...

I am SO there for Dolphin Day. Let me know when it is!
HAHAHA!