Monday, May 24, 2010

I don't want to talk about it

Before you start reading this (and I start writing this) picture me taking a big, long, drawn out breath. Now picture me blowing it out slowly. And I'm shaking my head slowly back and forth.

Today was just one of those days. One of those days that you don't ever want to think about again, but you have to blog about so when your kid is 13 and sassing his mouth off to you, you can pull up the archives and throw it in his face.

We have a window like this in the guest room. Nothing was covering it. Our guests wake up at the crack of dawn and feel as if they are waking up on the sun. I decided today that we needed to buy a curtain to cover it. Today was the day because my parents spent the night last night and my dad was bitching about it this morning.

So, off Spencer and I go. To Target. We look at the dollar section. We look at the mommy clothes on sale. Then we head to the very back of the store where curtains live. We're looking. We're looking. "Mommy, me have to pee." We race to the very front of the store. Spencer sits on the toilet. Nothing. I pee. He sits down again. Nothing. We walk to the very back of the store. Looking at curtains again. "Mommy, me have to poop." "Are you sure this time?" "Yes." We race to the very front of the store.


Spencer does his business. Good. Let's go pick this curtain out. We walk to the very back of the store. Again. For the 3rd time. "Mommy, me pooped again." "What? You need to go again?" "No, me poop again already."


Oh, GAWD. What do I do now? I did the look test. Nothing. I did a little sniff test. Nothing. So we went and picked out the curtain. And a curtain rod. Then we went to the baby section and bought some wipes, just incase.


So, we go out to the car and unload everything and I empty the Target bags to use as laundry/garbage bags, just incase. I pull off Spencer's clothes. Yup. Little accident. Not bad, but definitely not pleasant and definitely not sitting in a car seat in cookie monster underwear on the way home. I use the new wipes to clean him up.

Now, I always, always, always bring a change of clothes with us wherever we go. Since Spencer stopped wearing diapers on March 2nd he has had one accident, on March 5th. Really, he only had 1 accident the entire potty training experience. But I always bring clothes. Just incase.

Where are the clothes? On the backseat? No. On the front seat. No. On the bench at home? Yes. Great, no clothes. What do I have? A size 4 diaper from when Spencer was 1.

Well, it was better than being naked. The curtain looks nice. It will block a lot of sunlight. It was SO not worth what happened. But just incase you were wondering, it does not, in fact, make me want to take a break from shopping at Target.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I am dying because of our conversation the other day about this EXACT topic. Hahah!

Chelsea said...

Well it wasn't Target's fault, so of course it's not time for a shopping break!
It happens. You had a diaper, so you win, in my book. You can't know how often I leave with nothing - no diapers, wipes, etc. I never did that when Lilly was in diapers, but with Zac... poor kid...

Karen said...

You crack me up. Thanks to Spencer for providing the storyline. And I think you need to go back to Target right away so you can have a better experience to wipe out this one.

Michael said...

I'm glad I was at work.

The GVZs said...

Norah never had blow outs as a baby so the one time she did we had absolutely no idea what to do. We literally stood in the middle of the Babies R Us changing room (with sh*t on our hands) saying, what the hell do we do now. Poop is no laughing matter! (Okay, it totally is, but usually not until a bit after the fact).