Saturday, May 22, 2010

Feeling crabby

In March, 2009 I posted about some of Spencer's crab themed clothes. 14 months is a long time to remember something as inane as crab clothes. You can refresh your memory here

Just to recap. This is Spencer in March 2008. 6 months old.

March 2009. 18 months old. I decided that 2 years of crab clothes in a row was the start of a tradition. A tradition I didn't want to break. I started looking for something crabish for this summer. I found some adorable stuff at Carter's and Gymboree, but only in infant sizes. What to do, what to do.

Today we went to Wal Mart and bought this shirt for $3.50. We went to Joanne's Fabric and bought this adorable iron on crab patch for $3.00.One quick date with the iron, and.....Crab shirt. Summer 2010. This next picture has nothing to do with crustaceans. Spencer and I went to visit Amy and Baby Jacob on Friday. He was 1 month and 1 day old.

All together now......awwwww!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Genius. I envy your creativity.

Chelsea said...

Please tell me you're gonna make a crab shirt for, like, prom and his wedding day! I love it!
And, that baby... oh. my. gosh. that. face!!!

Maryellen said...

I'm totally impressed you made a crab shirt. It's really cool too! Jacob is a doll. I got to see him in that exact onesie on Friday because as you probably know, Amy brought Jacob to school for the end of year party.