Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baby Jacob

We spent tonight with Amy, Josh, Baby Jacob and Josh's parents. We actually got to Amy and Josh's house before Josh got home from work. It was nice to see Daddy reunited with his baby after a long day away.

Look at this precious bundle. And these teeny tiny newborn feet. Here's an action shot of Amy being a mom. And little Baby Jacob in his Academy Award nominated role of newborn of the year.When Amy was finished changing Jacob she handed him, with no warning, to Michael. He was very surprised and very, very delighted. He has obviously blocked Spencer's first 4 months out of his memory bank. Jacob was quite content on Michael's arm. And then I took him and he was quite pissed.But I know a thing or two about calming these little guys down. I have a PhD in newborn crying. Then I pretended like I knew how to juggle 2 of them.Somewhere in there we ate cheesecake. It was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. Josh's dad said it was worth the trip to AZ just for the cheesecake. That's a pretty bold statement seeing as his first grandchild was the initial draw.

We took a bunch of group photos.

Josh and Amy and their babies, both human and canine. Josh with his dad and son. 3 generations! Amy with her son and mother-in-law.Wow. What a crew! Hooray for first born sons. (I should try to photoshop Ginger into this picture. Maybe for tomorrow's blog)And now, just because I am some new breed of lame and obsessive compulsive and like to pretend that Jacob and Spencer are brothers, a side by side comparison of Jacob at 10 days and Spencer at 18 days.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

That cheesecake was damn good!

You will have to let me know how you liked the corn chowder

Maryellen said...

Baby Jacob is so stinking cute! You took some great pictures tonight.

:)