Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sleep

Being a runaway apparently makes you tired. Ginger has been doing a lot of sleeping since she got home. And not just napping. Real, snoring, deep sleeping.

My god I love that dog.

Oh, and she hates the cookies that Spencer and I baked her. Maybe she's just upset about her 24 hours apart from us, but I doubt it. We've never been able to find a treat that she likes. Unless it's something nasty on the side of the road.
Anybody want a bag of homemade, organic, free-range, bacon flavored doggie biscuit cookies shaped like basset hounds, acorns, zoo animals, leaves and stars?

UPDATE: We went to the veterinarian this morning. Here's the scoop: Ginger only has one microchip. ONE. When we adopted her from the Southern Arizona Beagle Rescue they gave us the wrong chip information. Wrong number. Wrong company. We never even thought to check it. I made a bunch of calls when we got home: 1) the Beagle Rescue to (nicely) chew them out for giving us the wrong information. They are going to investigate. 2) The wrong company to take Ginger out of their system; 3) The right company to add her to their system- $24.99 and she's covered for life.

If there is a lesson to be learned from all of this, it's to take your pet in and verify their chip information. We would have saved a lot of time, money and heartache if we had done that 3 years ago.

1 comment:

The Yager Family said...

yea! I'm so glad she's home! I bet she's tired... and I bet you are too!