Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pedicure and Lemon Desserts

That title certainly got your attention, didn't it? Let me explain. For my birthday in September my mom and dad gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure, a massage and a facial. We were in Tucson for the weekend and I finally went for my day of beauty and relaxation on Saturday. I have never had a pedicure or a facial before. Is that sad? I have had a couple massages, but not in a long, long time. I went to the lady who has been doing my mom's hair for like 20 years. She is also a massage therapist. I did not get a relaxing swedish massage. I got a deep tissue, therapeutic massage. I am so sore today I feel like I've been beaten up. She told me not to be surprised if I get bruises from it.

My apologies to Laura for posting a picture of my feet, but don't my toes look pretty?

Today is Kendra's Birthday (my sister in law). My mom asked her what she wanted for her b-day dinner. She gave her requests, which included "something lemon" for dessert. My mom couldn't decide between 2 recipes, so we just made both: A lemon chiffon cake and an almond-lemon tart.Michael made the statement that unless chocolate is involved in some way, it's not dessert. I don't exactly agree with that, but lemon is not my 1st choice for dessert either. The cake, and especially the frosting, was pretty tasty though.The tart was really really, well, tart. Puckery, actually. Kendra and Spencer Where is Spencer looking? Oh, and I don't think I have mentioned this, but Nathan was accepted into law school in Tampa. Yeah! Now they can live in the same city when Kendra starts her oncology fellowship in Tampa in July. That's a bonus, seeing as they are married and everything.My dad broke out the accordian. For my friends who have known me for a long time: remember when my dad used to play at my b-day parties?He was jammin! Geech did not like it one bit. That look on his face is, "get me the hell out of here" The b-day girl, who LOVED her lemon desserts. Spencer took the next 2 pictures. I think this one has a real artistic quality to it. I like the blurry butter in the background. Today is the start of week 2 of my spring break. On the agenda: 3 job interviews (1 for summer work and 2 for next school year), the zoo with Megan and Hadley, Chelsea, Lilly and Zac coming to stay with us, Peter Rabbit at Brilliant Sky Bookstore, dinner with Laura, Chelsea and Karen, and finally, and best of all, NOT looking for Ginger for 24 hours (knock on wood).

4 comments:

Karen said...

Don't worry Natalie. I had never had a pedicure until about a year ago (now I am up to two). My first and only facial was a couple days before my wedding. And I think I have had two massages in my life. Your toes do look pretty!

Laura said...

Thank you for the foot apology! Your toes do look pretty though... for toes... just kidding!!! :) I would NEVER EVER take a picture of my feet - I totally respect you for doing that and having pretty enough feet to be able to post on the internet!
Can't wait for this weekend - good luck with the interviews!!!

Maryellen said...

Your weekend sounds lovely except for the deep tissue massage. My body starts cringing just thinking about it. I know they're good for you but ouch.

Have a fun week two of your spring break and good luck on your interviews.

:)

The Yager Family said...

Whoo hoo I love me a good pedicure! Never really got the hang of a facial though...
Can't wait for this weekend!