Tuesday, December 29, 2009

8 years

12/29/01

12/29/01

12/29/09 I've decided that I'm NOT old. I just got married freakishly young. Like Chelsea said in her comment: I was 12.
We had a lovely anniversary. We went to dinner at House of Tricks. I agree that it sounds like we dined with prostitutes. House of Tricks is actually a quaint French/Southwestern Fusion restaurant in an old house. It's owned by the Tricks family. Spencer did not join us. We took these before we left.
I forgot to tell you a hilarious story from Christmas Eve. It's definitely a never before.

These are my new shoes. I bought them at Target for $12. I had been wearing them for the first time for about 1/2 an hour when I was making the final dinner preparations at Nick's house. I opened the refrigerator door and, what the hell, an entire shelf from the door fell out and hit the floor. A pickle jar shattered during the fall and one single dill pickle slice fell on top of my left shoe. It was hilarious. We should have taken a picture, but there was the little issue of glass and pickle juice all over and the appetizers still needed to be put out.

So, just for you, I recreated the event using My Fantasy Maker. I'm so glad I shelled out $19.80 for this program. Enjoy. P.S. Since I removed the pickle slice immediately and did not stop to take a real picture, I saved the shoes from smelling like pickles for eternity.

2 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Those wedding pics are priceless! You ARE babies!
Happy Anniversary... may your next 8 years be full of laughs, maybe another (hopefully not as colicy) baby, and pickle free shoes!
:)

Maryellen said...

Eight years, congratulations! You guys look even better eight years down the road than you did as puppies.