Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flagstaff

We have been in Flagstaff since Saturday. I pre-wrote the post about Spencer's hair and the one about Ginger's beds before we left. Sneaky sneaky. I'm just so paranoid about people knowing we are out of town.

My aunt and uncle live in the Phoenix area, but own a vacation home in Flagstaff. When they bought it 9 years ago my family thought they were buying a small, rustic cabin in the woods. It's actually a 5 bedroom, 3 1/2 bathroom, 4,400 square foot house in a neighborhood with a homeowner's association. The house has several fireplaces, a lake in the backyard and beautiful walking trails nearby. It's the perfect place to just get away.

I didn't take many pictures during this trip, because we really didn't do much. That was the whole point. We wanted to get out of the heat and just relax. We took walks around the neighborhood, went to story time at the library and went out to eat a couple times. I also spent a couple of evenings sitting by the fire with a glass of red wine while reading magazines. My idea of heaven.

This is the view from the backyard.

Spencer walking up the trail to the house. How cute are the monkey on the butt pants? Spencer got new winter pajamas for this trip. There are ducks and geese that live in the lake in the backyard. We fed them every day. It was the highlight of Spencer's weekend. He finally got to wear the outfit I bought him back in July. It was windy and cold and just lovely. I forced Spencer to sit by the fire so I could take his picture. He wasn't thrilled about it. I have 5 days left of my fall break. Boo.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Ok Missy, I don't want to hear you complain again about only having five days left of your break. You started out with about a million. ;)

Your trip to Flagstaff sounds straight up delightful.

The Yager Family said...

Ugh let's not start the countdown yet!!! Looks like a great trip!

Laura said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Did you get to see the snow at Snowbowl? I texted you about it then realized that you weren't going to be gone until the next weekend and it was probably gone - ha! Red wine and reading - my two favorite things to do in the world!!!