Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
let us swear allegiance to a land that's free.
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
as we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God Bless America,
land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
to the oceans, white with foam.
God bless America, My home sweet home.

I mentioned before that I haven't decorated for the 4th of July since 2005. It was nice to get all my red, white and blue stuff out of the garage and bling up the house a little.

This is the outdoor wreath. "Wreath" is a word on the receptive vocabulary test I give during evaluations. You would not believe how many children don't know this word. Teach your kids- decorate! Spencer helped me pick out this Uncle Sam Hat windchime. This is the indoor wreath.

A very happy birthday to Maryellen. How cool that you get fireworks every year on your birthday.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

You have awesome 4th of July decorations! Thanks for the shout out! =)