Monday, June 8, 2009

Megan's Baby Shower

Megan and I have been friends since the first day of first grade. During our first encounter I apparently (I don't actually remember this) said something snippy about her spelling of "orange". After that beginning it's amazing that we have ended up with an enduring 24 + year relationship.

When I was pregnant, Megan threw me a wonderful baby shower. This is a positively awful picture of me, but it does show my very pregnant belly. We brought Spencer HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL 2 weeks to the day after this shower. It should have been 6 weeks!

Now it is Megan's turn to have a baby. She is due in mid-August and will be giving birth to a positively gorgeous baby girl named Hadley Grace. We know she will be gorgeous because we can already see her! This technology simultaneously fascinates and scares me. I am going to be having a shower for Megan after Hadley is born. I guess it won't be a shower though- more of a baby unveiling party. Megan's friend Laurie had a pre-baby shower for her on Saturday.

The totally cute diaper cake centerpiece. Hadley is well stocked and will be very well dressed.
Two pregnant bellies. Megan looking glowing and happy. Megan showing one of the baby food cookbooks I got her. Hadley will be eating solids before we know it. Adorable cake

It was a great shower and makes me excited to start planning my party for Megan, Scott and Hadley.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

How nice! I LOVE Megan's dress!

The Yager Family said...

Looks like fun!

Megan said...

Thanks for being there Natalie...just think all those years ago we talked about who we would marry (I admit I thought I would marry Mike M.), how many kids we'd have, and what we would name them...it's all here. Time sure does fly!