Sunday, May 31, 2009

Michael's Birthday

Yesterday was Michael's 32nd birthday. I've been celebrating birthdays with him for 12 years now- since he turned 20! That doesn't really seem possible. When Michael turned 20 I gave him (among other things) a NY Yankees hat. He still has it. All of the gifts that year were from just me. This year he got gifts from Spencer, Ginger and me.

This is one of two shirts that Ginger picked out.
Spencer got him three pricey (really pricey!) chocolate bars. Spencer helped with the opening by sitting on Michael's arm.

I got him a football video game for the Wii. I might regret that choice in the coming months. Spencer looks CRAZY in this picture.Do you see the little monkey on Spencer's overalls? Spencer and I went to the mall on Friday. He was sitting in the stroller and, as we walked through the baby section at Sears, he pulled that outfit off the rack, pointed at the monkey and said "ooh ooh ooh ah". I had to buy it after that performance.

After we opened presents my mom baby-sat while Michael and I went out to dinner at Morton's Steakhouse. I forgot the camera at home so there are no pictures. Take my word that it was a nice restaurant.

I made cupcakes for Michael to take to work last Friday. We kept a few so that he would have something to stick a candle in. This is our "Michael's 32nd Birthday Family Picture"
And "Michael's 31st Birthday Family Picture"
Obviously Michael's birthday is May 30th, so his golden birthday was when he turned 30. I threw him a big Golden Birthday party. That's his golden cake. Notice he wore the same shirt for 2 birthdays in a row. We didn't notice until right now!

3 comments:

Chelsea's Mom said...

Happy belated birthday, Michael!!Looks like they keep getting better each year!

The Yager Family said...

Nothin like a birthday as an excuse for a good date night! Happy Birthday Michael!

Maryellen said...

Looks like Michael had another great birthday! Ginger has great taste in clothing.

=)