Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bronchitis

I woke up on Monday, April 20th with a sore throat. That's always the first sign that I'm getting sick. All week I drank plenty of fluids and went to bed early. I managed to fight it until Friday. Getting ready to go to Tucson and then actually going to Tucson was enough for my body to give up. After a very busy weekend, where I didn't take care of myself, I was officially sick.

I woke up at 4:30 on Wednesday morning to Spencer crying. I was too weak to even pick him up. Michael and I decided right then that he had better stay home from work because I was in no shape to be a mother.

I felt better last night and thought I'd be OK to go to work. Wrong. I picked Spencer up from the baby-sitter an hour later and off we went to the doctor. The doctor heard me coughing before she came in the room. She walked in, looked at me and said "you're really sick". My diagnosis. Bronchitis. I've never had it before. It's not fun. I'm glad it's not pneumonia though, which was what she thought before listening to my lungs. I'm also glad it's not swine flu because I would have exposed a LOT of people if it was.

Since I spent the whole appointment chasing Spencer around the exam room, the doctor recommended that I get some help with him and rest as much as possible. Once again Michael is staying home with us tomorrow.

This is what I plan on doing for the next 3 days.

I am really very attractive until I eat in bed. That bronchitis is brutal.

For the time being I'm on sick leave from the blog.

3 comments:

The Yager Family said...

OH NO!! I hope you feel better soon!! Glad Michael is staying home with you...
:)

Chelsea's Mom said...

Ihope you are doing better and getting well fast...I miss your blog...get well..

Maryellen said...

I keep missing your new posts. Argghhh... I'm so sorry I missed this one. Bronchitis huh? That's terrible.