Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bathtub review

We had no idea what we were doing when we registered for baby items before Spencer was born. How can you really know what baby items you will need and will actually use until you have a real baby in your house using them?

This was our first baby bathtub. The Safety 1st Bathtub with built-in shower. It was pretty pricey.

We used it for exactly 1 bath. We don't even have a picture of Spencer bathing in it. There is video, but I still haven't figured out how to add that to the blog.

It was awkward to fill, awkward to put a newborn in and awkward to empty. And the shower attachement was a joke. A plastic cup would do a better job.

We give this bathtub 2 thumbs down.

Our second bathtub was the Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Tub. It fit over the kitchen sink so we could use the pull-out faucet. We'd put a space heater on the counter next to the sink and stick Spencer in here. He would cry only when the bath was over- that's how much he loved it. We used this for baths until he was 7 months old and went in the big boy tub.

Look at this little chicken baby. I had to crop this picture to make it G-rated. Spencer's belly button no longer looks like that. He had an umbilical hernia, which sounds scary, but is really common in newborns- it's just the hole from the umbilical cord that hasn't closed yet. He has a beautiful "innie" now.

This mom is a little too excited about folding up and putting away the tub. It is nice though that the folded tub doesn't take up much room.
We give this tub two thumbs up.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really like your product review idea. Now that I see that tub - I am thinking I was crazy for not getting a fold up tub. I too had NO idea what I needed when I registered. I was lucky to have my friend Emily (and mommy of two) come along and give advice - but she never mentioned the fold up tub!

I am glad to hear that Spencer liked his bath time because he looks mad in that picture. Maybe he was just made that he was being photographed in the buff! :)

Maryellen said...

You called your son a chicken baby. I didn't think he looked like a chicken but he was soooooooooooo tiny. He's such a big boy now.