Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spencer is doomed with me as a mother

Spencer had a really rough early morning today. That means that we did too. He had a little case of explosive diarrhea (YUCK!) at about 4:30 am. It amazingly didn't wake him up, but there was no way I could let him keep sleeping in that. We changed his diaper as fast as we could, but a diaper change like that is not quick or quiet so he was fully awake and never went back to sleep.

Before we left Tucson we went to breakfast at a little French cafe by my parents' house. Spencer was Mr. Cranky Pants. The place was full of the over 65 crowd ( I'm making a broad generalization in saying that they are a little less tolerant about noisy babies), and in an attempt to keep Spencer quiet, I actually let him eat straight strawberry jelly out of the little container.

He really enjoyed it.

I have become the lenient and indulgent mom with no control over her child. Juvenile detention can't be far away.

I see absolutely no difference between these next 2 pictures.

He already has the standard issue orange jumpsuit. He'll have to exercise with a shotput out on the prison yard,
and ponder how his life could have been different if his mom was wiser and stricter and didn't let him eat straight strawberry jelly out of the little container.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie...keep it coming...you crack me up and often make my day!!!...now that Paul Harvey is gone I think you would be a suitable replacement..I can't wait day to day to hear "THE REST OF THE STORY" (ask your parents if you don't have a clue of what I babble..)Robin (Chelsea's mom...)

Megan said...

That's nothing...just wait till we go to lunch on Friday. I'll show Spencer some of my restaurant ticks...you'll be sorry!

The Yager Family said...

Ok, if jelly from the container dooms Spencer, then Lilly and Zac are in serious trouble too! Well, at least they'll all be behind bars together!
Seriously, you crack me up!! Glad you can laugh at yourself and the adventures of motherhood... I often feel like I either have to laugh or cry! ha!

Natalie said...

So Robin, are you saying that I remind you of a 90 year old man? Thanks a lot. Just kidding! I love Paul Harvey. He lived an incredible life. Whenever we were sick and got to go to work with my dad (I'm sure his co-workers loved that) we'd listen to Paul Harvey on the way. My dad listened to his show every day. That is such a nice compliment. Thanks!