Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Facebook Part 2

I'm going to have to talk about this on my blog because I have a feeling that the people on facebook won't like my comments. True, my blog link is on my facebook page but I'm prepared to suffer the consequences. OK, here goes. I like the concept of facebook. It's neat to reconnect with old friends. But does anyone else feel like facebook is the lovechild of a schizophrenic e-mail mother and an ADHD instant messenger father? And that lovechild took some amphetamines with a double espresso. It's very visually distracting and more than a little confusing to follow.

Messages on the home page, messages on the wall-to-wall, messages embedded in comments, messages in the inbox, messages linked to pictures, thoughts of friends, thoughts of friends of friends. I can multi-task with the best of them, but come on. It's just too much. And everything that's posted on my page gets emailed to me? Why not just email.

I know that lots of people love facebook and I'm willing to give it a try, but so far it hasn't won me over. To be perfectly honest though, most times that I receive a text message I just CALL the person instead of writing back.

It's too much!

2 comments:

The Yager Family said...

I agree wholeheartedly! One hint, there is a way in settings or something to turn off all the email notifications - that drove me crazy! It's good for catching up with some people, but I don't really need to know what everyone is doing or thinking every 2 seconds! lol!

Megan said...

I'm still glad you joined!