Saturday, January 10, 2009

6 things

You probably don't know about me
1. I enjoy watching old episodes of The Twilight Zone. If I had an extra $200, I'd buy the 28 disc collection. The classic William Shatner/gremlin episode is simultaneously horrifying and hilarious.
2. I have to have really hot water in the shower. If it wouldn't burn and/or kill me I'd probably shower with boiling water.

3. If Matt Damon showed up at the door, I'd drop Michael like a hot potato.
4. My favorite winter drink is hot Lady Grey tea with 1 splenda and a splash of cream. My favorite summer drink is really really cold ice water.


5.  5. I LOVE dinnerware and stemware. I would rather buy a set of beautiful dishes than a pair of beautiful shoes.


6. I have two titanium plates and 17 screws in my maxilla. This is an x-ray of my face 3 months after my jaw surgery and right before my dental implant surgery. This explains why I won't participate in any activity that involves my face smashing into something (skiing, roller-skating) or something smashing into my face (volleyball, football).


5 things you most likely don't know about Michael

1. He uses his left hand and only his left hand to eat doritos and potato chips. He says his right hand doesn't feel comfortable for chip eating.

2. We were married and on our honeymoon when he drank his very first hot drink. He had really never had hot cocoa, hot cider, hot tea or hot coffee until he was 24 years old. And he grew up in Vermont!

3. He can fold linens like nobody's business.

4. If Sarah Chalke showed up at our front door, he would drop me like a hot potato.
5. When he was a freshman in college he ate the same thing everyday for an entire year. Coco Roos for breakfast, a bologna sandwich for lunch and ramen soup for dinner. He also ate a twix everyday and drank a mountain dew everyday. Healthy.


4 things that may (or may not) surprise you about Spencer

1. When he was 6 weeks old he stayed awake for 20 hours straight- from 5 am until 1am THE NEXT DAY. That means that I too stayed awake for 20 hours trying to stop his crying and pleading with God to make him go to sleep.


Spencer at 6 weeks- one of very few pictures we have of him sleeping
2. His favorite book is Moo Baa La La La. Sometimes we read it upwards of 40 times a day.


3. If a big graham cracker showed up at the door he would drop us, his beloved parents, like hot potatoes.



4. He's an absolute genius. Seriously, his IQ is in, like, the 99th Percentile. Here are some recent examples of his aptitude: 1) I peeled a bunch of carrots for dinner and then took all the peels to the garbage and threw them away. Then I peeled one more strip and handed it to Spencer. He took it, walked to the garbage and threw it away. He's a prodigy! 2) He started walking backwards about 6 weeks ago and he can do it well. Whiz kid! 3) His vocabulary is immense. As a speech therapist I can tell you with total certainty that there is a correlation between vocabulary skills and IQ. New words this week are nana (banana) and nini (night-night). Harvard here we come!

Spencer in 75 years?


3 things I'd be shocked if you knew about Ginger

1. When we go to Tucson she drops us like hot potatoes and sleeps curled up next to my dad.

2. She has three beds in our house, yet spends most of her time on our furniture.

Bed #1- her favorite

Bed #2
Bed #3

3. Her full name is Ginger Marie Jones.

I don't have a picture for that.


Tag! Megan, Chelsea and Maryellen- It's your turn to share, on your blogs, something other people probably don't know about you.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Natalie, your blog is hilarious! I especially love the hot potato references. A giant graham cracker...that would be AWESOME!!!

Maryellen said...

I'll start working on my list. Hmmm...

The Yager Family said...

all I know is you CRACK ME UP!!
Ok, I'll be working on my list too...